Monday, January 4, 2010

PSALM 50 AND A NEW YEAR TO BEGIN AGAIN!

Where do I begin? I think Psalm 50: 23 is a great beginning to start with, so here it goes, "He who offers a sacrifice of thanksgiving honors Me; And to him who orders his way aright I shall show the salvation of God."
I'm so glad to be leaving the year 2009 behind and starting anew with 2010!

Right now Lord, I offer you what I have, and that is, I'm thankful for Your Word from Isaiah 33:6 that I began memorizing and claiming at the beginning of 2009. I didn't really know at that time, how much I would come to lean on that scripture as a source of strength throughout this past year and that I will continue to lean on it in 2010! Lord You are and will continue to be the stability of my time, You will continue to be a wealth of salvation, wisdom and knowledge to me and Lord I know that the fear of the Lord truly is my treasure. There is nothing else Lord that I can truly depend on.

I surely do not know what the future holds, but I know that You know. And I know that Your Will, will be done on earth as it is in Heaven and I thank You for that.

My last thing I want to share today is this beautiful Scripture I read this morning that brought my thoughts to try to imagine and take in this scene.

Psalm 48:1-2 says:
Great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised,
In the city of our God,
His holy mountain.
Beautiful in elevation,
the joy of the whole earth,
Is Mount Zion in the far north,
The city of the great King.
For Thine is the Kingdom, the power, and the glory forever!
Kathleen

1 comment:

justcallmerie said...

Thank you for those words this morning. I recieved an email from a friend who is struggling and this will help me when I try to help her.

Never know, do we?